Date: Tuesday 21st November 2017
Location: The Dudley Canal and Tunnel Trust, 501 Birmingham Road, Dudley, West Midlands, DY1 4SB
Attend this evening seminar and leave with an understanding of the actions required to prepare your business for sale, how to maximise the attractiveness and sale price of your business, mitigate risks and avoid common mistakes.
Selling your business is likely to be the largest and most important financial deal you will ever make so it is important you get it right, attracting a price that will support your planned retirement lifestyle.
You will also have the opportunity to participate in a complimentary wine tasting to finish the evening.
Who should attend
Business owners and spouses should attend if –
- You are seriously considering selling, or transferring control of your business, in the near future – or any time over the next few years
- You have not yet given serious thought to what happens to your business once you no longer want to run it every day – or if you should no longer be able to run it every day
- You would like to understand how a typical business sale process works, who might buy your business and how they might arrive at an offer price
- You already understand the basics but you wish to understand how to maximise value and minimise avoidable risks
- You do not really know how to go about developing an “exit strategy” that will deliver on your personal objectives
Businesses with multiple owners are all welcome to attend. In addition, spouses or partners are also welcome as we appreciate that selling your business can be a personal matter as well.
If you do not like high pressure sales tactics that many bigger brokerage companies employ then you will enjoy this seminar.
In this event you will learn
- How best to prepare for your exit – creating an exit strategy
- How to value your business
- Steps to maximise your business value in the sale run up
- Making your business more attractive to buyers
- The 6 step selling process
- Why businesses fail to sale – avoiding those pitfalls
- Legal guidance
- Tax issues relating to the sale
About the speakers
Bob Brown – CMC Partners
CMC partner, Bob Brown has been providing practical help and guidance to business owners for over 20 years. He has helped a range of businesses from engineering and manufacturing to hi-tech and professional services.
Nicholas Lee – Succession Group
Financial planner, Nicholas Lee has over 20 years experience in helping people to recognise their personal financial priorities and enabling them to implement and maintain sensible financial plans. His goal is to help as many people as possible to live the life they deserve.
Kevin Jones – Silks Solicitors
Kevin Jones, Director at Silks Solicitors has over 30 years hands on experience of looking after business and their owners. He has the technical expertise, long experience and ‘can do’ approach making Kevin the first port of call for owners who need help with legal aspects.
Richard Lloyd – CMC Partners
CMC partners, Richard Lloyd provides growth and exit strategy development for business owners in Derbyshire and East Straffordshire. With over 30 years business experience, Richard has gained a wealth of knowledge enabling him to create value for his clients.